Sisters

Sisters
we finally meet...

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Ready ,set, blog...

I really want to blog and to blog well! It's this thing in me that just wants to make a difference, let people know about my life, meet new friends and show women , moms, wives, daughters , sisters, other Christians they're not alone in the emotions we face day to day. I don't know what I'm doing but who really does when they start something new! Life isn't easy but it's even worse when we don't look at what good is going on around us and what blessings we've been given! Today we all were ready for church...we walk out to our only working car right now. It's barely working due to a transmission that spits out fluid and empties itself every other week and our greatest issue was a tire that blew causing us to need a rim , tire and strut all of which our bank account in the red can not help right now. Long story short ( or short for me at least! Lol) we've been driving on a donut for two weeks now and as we start to put the girls in the car for church ( the only place I will actually bring the kids with the donut due to how unsafe it is) we notice it's completely flat and has a big gash in it! So, pretty much we felt hopeless. Thanks to our neighbors heading out we flagged them down and asked to borrow their car. Feeling very helpless and broken I walk into church wanting to tell the whole auditorium about our misfortune and bad luck. I sit down only to hear the band playing a song about all the blessings we've been given and how we take it all for granted. This is what got me ; "A better believer would look to the skies
And shout "hallelujah" with tears in his eyes
Open his heart and start givin it all away
When I take a hard look at myself
And count my blessings I can't but help
But wonder if there's been some kind of mistake
This life of mine should belong to a better believer" wow! I've got 2 outstanding beautiful , healthy and fabulous daughters. A husband who's trying to do what he can to give us a better life while I stay at home with our girls. A home that's more than I ever thought we'd be able to have. Family that are all serving the Lord in some way and who love me. Amazing nephew, adorable niece, a church family that are there in all aspects of our lives...I could go on and on! Yes, looking at our circumstances right now is overwhelming and disheartening at times but oh may I never take for granted all I have been given! I am so blessed and instead of wanting to share all my troubles and fears and needs with everyone why am I not wanting to shout from the mountaintop what God has done in my marriage, my life, my heart, my church and my world? I'm one blessed girl and Gods not done yet!!

1 comment:

  1. And this my friend is why I hold you so near. You are such an inspiration to me. Your faith is above all and have learned so much from you. You are a blessing in my life! I look forward to following your blog, that's sure to make me and many other smile, cry, and reflect!

    ReplyDelete